Friday, August 29, 2014

Book Clubs - we are not all made equally

I came across this blog post, from "23 Thorns", about the various types of book clubs there are in this small world of ours. It cracked me up!
(Based in South Africa, the blogger has a great sense of humour and insight. I feel like I'm also being educated about a country that I know very little about. If you have a chance, read through some of his other posts.)

As a book club, we'll be celebrating 10 years in 2015. Will we still be together in another 20 years? I sure hope so.

Some of my favourite things about our book club:
- we read our books (well most of us read every book...I'm not so good and have been known to be pretty quiet during discussion time!)
- we discuss the books we read
- we also discuss current events, gossip & issues
- we come from different backgrounds
- we are multi-ethnic
- we are somewhat multi-generational
- we make great appetizers / dinners for book club
- we drink wine
- we laugh
- we have no restrictions on the books we can choose
- you can show up as often or as infrequently as you like...and won't get kicked out!
- we give gifts to each other...just because
- and, I can't forget the men of our members - they are pretty amazing too! Thanks for all you do when we crash your place for the evening!!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses, Candles...

Roses, Candles...
We like pretty things

Shakespeare and Company, Paris

Shakespeare and Company, Paris
The upstairs reading room - a hideaway to catch up on some reading or writing

Shakespeare and Company, Paris