Sunday, October 1, 2017

I Just Can't Get Enough


Our book club read Louise Penny's mystery novel - Bury Your Dead - earlier this year. Little did I know, when the book was suggested to me a couple years ago by an older gentleman in a second hand book store, that it was the sixth book in a series!!

While there was enough introduction to the characters in the book to make it work as a stand alone, there was so much that left me, and others in our book club, longing for more. More of Three Pines and its locals and definitely more of Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his team.

Now, having gone back to read the books in chronological order, I can't wait to get back to book #6 and scan through to see if / what I missed. I'm currently reading The Brutal Telling - book #5. And the characters don't disappoint.

Apparently, there was also a TV film series created several year ago. I'll have to check it out. I'll keep you posted....

For those of you who can't get enough, there's a website/blog dedicated to Louise Penny's series. It's called www.gamacheseries.com

I may have found the blog I've been looking for ;)

Z


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses, Candles...

Roses, Candles...
We like pretty things

Shakespeare and Company, Paris

Shakespeare and Company, Paris
The upstairs reading room - a hideaway to catch up on some reading or writing

Shakespeare and Company, Paris